IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our full details are:
Qualia Technology Pty Ltd, ABN [80 636 273 393] trading as Adeptx. Qualia Technology Pty Ltd is registered, and operates, in Australia.
Australian postal address: 6 Raheen Drive, Kew Victoria 3101
You can also contact us through our enquiries page via the form or contacting Adeptx office by phone.
We may need to update this Policy at any time and will notify you of any such changes through email.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
· Identity Data including first name, last name, occupation, employer and date of birth;
· Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address, email address and mobile phone number, fax number and landline phone number;
· Financial Data means the data we use to process your payments for your orders including your payment card details. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third party payment provider to process a payment.
· Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
· Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at and for on our website, the click stream to and from our website, page response times and page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks and mouseovers.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
· Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data and Financial Data by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase a product or service over the phone;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- make an enquiry.
· Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Usage Data and Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
THIRD PARTY SOURCES OF DATA/DATA SHARING
We also collect from and share data with the following providers:
· Essential Service Providers: Sometimes, other businesses give us data about you which we may need for our legitimate interests of conducting business with you and on occasion they are necessary to perform our contract with you. It usually comprises Financial Data or Transaction Data. This happens when we link through to third party payment providers. They tell us that you have paid for your products and, where relevant and/or necessary they will provide us with your Contact Data and Transaction Data. We also might engage third party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to the services we provide to you.
· Professional Advisers and Investors: We may also share your data with professional advisers such as our lawyers and insurers to manage risks and legal claims, and/or as part of our relationship and obligations to our investor organisations. This is in our legitimate interests.
The lawful bases for sharing and processing this data is set out in the below and please refer to the External third Parties listed in the Glossary for further information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or phone. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by unsubscribing using the link in any email, or verbally if contacted over the phone.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
We do not conduct any automated decision making. We may on occasion profile our customers for the purposes of targeting marketing at them and where this is done, this is undertaken for our legitimate interests of ensuring our marketing is relevant to its audience.
For example, we may classify an appropriate audience for a promotion by what products on our website they have previously expressed an interest in. We do not conduct any online behavioural tracking.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We only use the data you provide to us directly for this purpose along with the Aggregated Data provided to us by our analytics partners and we do not track what other websites you may visit after visiting our site, though in common with most websites, we may register the site which referred you to our site (e.g. a search engine).
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We generally only send electronic marketing – such as email marketing – to people who have previously bought similar products from us or who have made enquiries about any of our products and services, and this is in our legitimate interests. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing in every marketing communication you receive. We may on occasion send out postal marketing for the purpose of growing our sales which is in our legitimate interests and in this scenario we will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing (see Opting out below).
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time – see Opting out below).
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact Adeptx
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and they may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them. Any disclosure of your data will be made lawfully in order to protect your privacy.
Some of our External Third Parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
· We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
· Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
· Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please contact Adeptx if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business requirement for access. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, in line with our policies and procedures of such processing, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. We take personal data breaches seriously, and will endeavour to ensure any security risks are monitored and addressed quickly and effectively to provide your data every possible protection.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a completely secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your purchases of services will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
No fee required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We will respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting Adeptx
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
External third parties
Any third party with whom we choose to share data with has been vetted to ensure their compliance with our Privacy regulations.
Partners – when you place an order, we may share your information with a third party for the purposes of providing the purchased service or product.
Cloud storage providers – we use cloud computing platforms that securely store all of our data, including customer details.
Email service providers – in order to send you marketing content and transactional emails, we share your details with our email service providers.
Analytics tools – we use analytics tools to track the way that users interact with our website.
Profiling tools – we use profiling tools to understand how you engage with our website and show you content we think will be most relevant to you, based on our understanding of your interests and preferences.
Payment providers – in order to facilitate any payments made on our site, we facilitate the sharing of your Financial Data with payment providers.
Marketing and insights providers – marketing and insights tools allow us to understand our customers better so that we may provide you with the best possible website, products and customer service experience. We may share certain information about our customers to facilitate this process.
Customer service platforms – when you interact with our customer service team, your details are shared with our customer service platform providers.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to Adeptx using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional customer experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation through our website.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
We use performance cookies on our website. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
The list below details the cookies used on Adeptx’s website. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose. If the party reads something other than ‘Adeptx’, these are our third party business partners who help us to enhance your browsing experience.
DURATION OF COOKIES
Session (or Transient) Cookies
Session cookies are stored in your computer’s memory for the length of your browsing session. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. They allow you to move from page to page without having to log-in again.
Persistent (or Permanent) Cookies
Persistent cookies are stored in your computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how well the website works and where it can be improved.
Flash Cookies (or Locally Shared Objects)
You probably have Adobe Flash installed on your computer. Websites that contain Flash can also store small files on your computer that are used in the same way as cookies.
Flash cookies can also back up the data that is stored in other cookies. When you delete cookies, your Flash cookies are not affected. So a website may still recognise you if it backed up the deleted cookie information on a Flash cookie.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your experience on our website will be more limited. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
To find out more about our range of services and how they might help you and your business, why not get in touch?